Thursday, May 19, 2011

Off the Grid

I'm considering going off the grid as far as women are concerned. In recent weeks I've noticed a lop sided show of interest on my part in various women with little return. As a man, I believe it is my place to show initiative in interest in a woman (although I don't mind a woman showing interest). I'm cool with that. What I am not cool with, is a continued need to initiate all engagement.

Needless to say, this does little for the good ole self-esteem. It is a frustrating process to express your interest in others without reciprocity. I know that it's a fact of life that everyone you find attractive will not in turn find you attractive. But, this is getting ridiculous! What's even more funny is that when I stop initiating contact with these women they seem to respond in a more positive manner. I think that shows a desire for attention as oppose to a desire for me.

At this point in time I'm looking at going off the grid for women. That means that I won't be found initiating contact with those women I've already done so. Why satisfy their need for attention and have my own ego hurt? I see no need. This is how I functioned at this time nearly one year ago. I went to work, the gym, and home. I was satisfied with that existence to a degree. I was also more consistent in my exercise regimen. I think it's time to return to this way of life again.

Don't get me wrong. New women I meet that I take interest in will have my momentary attention. If they show little response, I move on. If they reciprocate, I shall continue on. Otherwise, I'm off the grid. Such an existence may offer little fodder for the blog. Who am I kidding? I will always have thoughts to write about. Anyway, see ya when I see ya, if I see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment