Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Quaterback of Love

With the new CBA (collective bargaining agreement) in place in the NFL it's fitting that I would call myself the "quarterback" of love. This isn't to say that I'm an expert in the game. Nor is it to say that I've got hall of fame credentials. And, I certainly don't have QB money, not even college level QB cash. What it does say is that I seem to have a skill all good quarterbacks have. Let me explain.

One of the toughest things a quarterback has to do is look off a defender. In other words, the QB has to appear to look as though he is throwing a ball one way when he is in fact throwing it somewhere else. This is done to keep the defending team from interfering with the pass. This is the skill I have when it comes to relationships. People are always thrown off by what they think I'm doing and by what I'm really doing.

Rumors abound and much talk has been made of me and a young attractive woman. Folks have been bold in their assertion of my attraction and intentions with this young lady. They have told others that I'm "after her." They have also said to me, "Why don't you get that girls number?" I just laugh and tell them I'm a coward. It does me no harm at all for others to think I have an attraction to a beautiful woman and even less damage that they think I have a chance.

Truth be told, I have an interest as any man has an interest in a beautiful woman. Yet, this woman is not my focus and although people have made up their minds I'll be walking her over the threshold, we're just cordial friends. My real target has gone largely undetected. That's been the case for all of my life. I take a certain pride in it because it shows that I have some ability to control my emotions.

It has been a problem at times as women I have zero interest in think I'm coming on to them. While at the same time, women I have a deep interest in have no clue. Nevertheless (love that word), it is who I am and I have no intentions of changing. As of now, it's working in my favor. I'll let you know if I get busted. Until then and going forward you can call me the QB of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment