Sunday, October 9, 2011

IT NEVER FAILS...

I have a old high school classmate that I'm friends with on FB. She's an attractive lady and quite photogenic. The pictures she post tend to catch my attention. Along with her pictures are her outrageous FB status post. She often makes provocative, double antandra, type post. She recently posted, "I think he "Rothlisbergered" me." I'll let you figure that one out for yourselves.

In addition to outright crazy stuff she often makes comments about her dating/love life. I've noticed that she has a pattern. She starts out saying that she desires some kind of male companionship. Then she makes post referring to the every mysterious "him." Then she talks about whoever this guy is and the great things he does. So far, so good.

I recently noticed one such post about two weeks ago. Apparently, whoever she was dating at the time brought her entire office lunch. She couldn't stop singing this guys praises. I was reluctant to jump in on the celebration (not because I'm negative, just because I know better). I sat back and chuckled to myself because I knew sooner or later the last phase of the cycle was soon to come.

Sure enough, not but a few days later she was dogging the hell out of this guy. She was making over-dramatic claims on a lifetime of loneliness and whatnot. I smiled a bit, because I could see it. Then I wonder, can she see it? So many people go through life and really believe that they're so shielded, deep, and complicated. Meanwhile, they're as see through as a glass window. I have to imagine that a little honest self-reflection could stop the cycle of disappointment. Until then, the cycle shall continue. It never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment