Tuesday, October 4, 2011

NO RESPECT...


I got a call from the X the other day chastising me for taking my kids out to play when they were supposedly sick. She immediately started in on "how it's not a good idea..." I wasn't surprised by her accusations. This has been her disposition towards me for as long as I can remember. She seemed to always assume the worst. Always assuming I made some asinine decision based in absolute foolishness.

Problem is, and always has been, that she was wrong. She was wrong about the kids being sick while I took them out to play. Truth is, only one of them expressed any feeling of illness after all the play time had taken place. The other child never expressed any feelings of illness. This particular instant isn't the problem, it's merely an example of what the problem is.

For some reason my X has always approached me this way. Like I'm missing a marble or two. To be certain, I make mistakes like everyone else. But to accuse me of purposely taking children outside in cold weather while knowing they're ill is a bit much. It draws into question my character, my parenting, and my common sense. It shows a complete lack of respect.

I wish I could tell you when this all started. I wish I could pin point what I did that would make her address me in such a way. I wish I knew what foolish thing I did that seems to forever marred her image of me. I can not. What I do know is that his is more support as to why I will never consider reconciliation (a friend of my keeps asking about reconciliation and I keep saying no). Why would any self-respecting man place himself in a situation where he would have to endure the questioning of his most basic decision making as if he's some immature child? I sure as hell wouldn't and I won't.

I chuckled when this most recent conversation came to an end. I thought to myself, "Some things never change." Respect is a major issue for men. It is a make or break issue in relationships. If you want to kill your relationship with any man quickly, disrespect him. Doesn't matter if you have money, education, incredible sex, buy him gifts, and you're fine as hell...disrespect a man and he will disappear. And so it continues to be with me. I will not tolerate disrespect.

No comments:

Post a Comment