Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Easier said than done

In my last post I waxed about my anger toward the backwards nature of relationships and how people that are ass wholes seem to get ahead while the nice guy is left holding the bag. I stated that I was on the road to the dark side complete with selfishness and no regard for others well being. Well, it appears that it is much easier said than done.

I did something for a friend of the opposite sex and her reply was, "thank you, I needed that...it was sweet." "IT WAS SWEET." Sweet is not the words a man wants to hear. Sweet implies that you are in the friend zone. You are a person that will never be looked at in a romantic manner and you have no sex appeal to this individual. I know it sounds broad but I have asked around and women have confirmed that the statement that a man is sweet is a clear sign that things will not progress beyond a friendship status.

Lesson learned. I can't help but be who I am. At the end of the day I'm a nice guy. It's who God made me. I can fight and try my damnedest to be something different but it will be awkward and the only people I'll be fooling is me, myself, and I. I actually like the fact that I'm a nice guy. I just hate that fact that it hasn't paid any dividends.

I guess I'll just have to stay the course in the personality department and see what comes next. I was told by a woman that change can still come because the precipitating events continue to replay in my mind over and over again. The reply hardens the heart and makes one cold. I hope that's not the case. Time will only tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment