Monday, July 12, 2010

The return of Self-Esteem

When my wife left me and broke my heart I was a dim shadow of the man I had previously been. I couldn't function. Couldn't work, couldn't focus, couldn't sleep, and didn't want to eat. I was a mess. I even rear ended two people in my car while thinking about the situation. I thought I was done.

Initially I sought the help of alcohol. It was effective. I would get smashed, pass out, and wake up to a new day. Problem was, I wasn't trying to become an alcoholic. I would eventually turn to prescribed substances to help me get stable and some sleep. In a situation like this sleep is priceless.

All though I was sleeping, I still wasn't quite right cause I was tired all the time. I needed a change. As my energy started to return I started hitting the gym. This is a booster in and of itself as I feel my body gain strength. But, more than the physical my mind started to get stronger. I've returned to the bold man I once was.

This has shown good results. The ladies are responding. I'm not bored cause I don't have a shortage of things to do. The ladies seem more than willing to spend time with a brotha and I show my appreciation by showing up. It feels good just to know that women still find a brotha worthy of their attention and time. Certainly, my "self-esteem" is not based on the actions of these women. But, it helps.

I feel my confidence coming back like a lion. Just wait till I get the body and the crib on point. Man, you won't be able to tell me nothin'. Until then, I'm pleased with where this thing is headed. I'm having a good time...and I haven't even had to do any dirt. But, sometimes you get dirty in this life. I won't mind-precautionary tale for living.

No comments:

Post a Comment