Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I GET WHAT I WANT OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP

I hear the statement, "I GET WHAT I WANT OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP" from women all too often. This is not a positive affirmation. It's a statement of justification, cover up, and face saving. This is a response given when things have not gone as desired in a relationship. It's a statement of defeat, not victory.

I was having a conversation with a beautiful young woman (I must certify beauty when I see it) about the nature of her relationships. She was adamant that a man/men can provide such lavish gifts as trips to Chicago, Vegas, Baltimore, and high fashion items without any expectation of sex. I don't believe this. I don't even think she believed it as it came out of her mouth. Short of these men being blood relatives, that's just not happening.

When I asked the woman why she wasn't dating this man, the one providing all this for her, instead of being "friends she replied, "Because he won't settle down." An odd response for a woman that said that she has no interest in settling down. Anyway, I told her that she might as well date a man with means as oppose to a "average" man. I said, The average man will cheat on you. It was at this point that she defensively stated, "I get what I want out of the relationship."

I don't believe women ever have a desire to be used or simply to engage in sexual activity (there are some but they are few). I also don't think women get a kick out of exchanging sex for money or goods. That's prostitution. Most women would rather give it for free than carry that weight around. Hence, I am stating what I have long believed, any statements close to this post' title is a confirmation of dissatisfaction on the woman's part.

If you're a woman, don't fool yourself. Stop the madness. If you have to justify your interactions with men then I'm going to bet that's not a relationship you want. I know it's tough but put yourself on pause. Find out what you really want in a relationship and then go get it. I don't like to see anybody get used or feel less than. Don't just get what you want, get reciprocation.

No comments:

Post a Comment