Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Black Guys and White Girls

The other night while on my movie marathon I noticed a bi-racial couple (black man, white woman). While we all waited to enter the movie theater I noticed that the man was loud, comical, expressive, and outgoing. He reserved no comments for his party alone. Instead, he engaged complete strangers in appropriate and inappropriate ways.

As I observed his behavior this got me to thinking about the type of black men I know that date and or are married to white women. Keep in mind this is a generalization. A majority of the black men I know that are with white women are tremendously expressive. They are usually outgoing guys, lacking in "swag." Another way to put it is that they are, "CORNY."

I find this interesting because as I thought about it I was thinking, "Black women just don't entertain that type of behavior." Not that it's good or bad. It just seems that black women have been bread for the "cool." In fact, I've heard younger black women speak about how well known a man is or what his swag is, as categories for measurement when considering relationships. I don't think this is the case among other ethnicity's.

When I think more deeply about all this I've noticed black men with so-called "game" speaking absolute gibberish to women. Sad thing is, it seems to work. I can't tell you how many men I've witnessed gain a woman's attention, phone number, and panties off some nonsense. I said to myself, "if that's game I won't have it. I prefer to be intelligent." And, it doesn't seem to matter what the social-economic standing of a woman is. Whether educated, graduated, crossed over, or the like, these women seem to be attracted to quiet foolishness.

So, why is it that black women will put up with "ignorant game" but not with comical expression (Corniness)? What's the deal. These men are good dedicated men. They're just being themselves. Many of them didn't go out looking for a white woman. They just found that a white woman accepted them. One guy I know well dated a black woman and was dumped only to find out that she preferred a more thuggish abuse mate. What is that about?

Whatever it is, it seems that there is a segment of the black population that is non-compatible with each other. The proper speaking, outgoing, non-thuggish, loving, caring, man, seems to have no place with the black woman. He does however have a place with white women. Everybody wants to be loved for who they are as they are. If that can't happen in your ethnicity then go for yours where you are accepted as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment