Saturday, January 22, 2011

FLEXIBILITY

I can remember early on in my marriage seeing my wife break down at our kitchen table. Her face was covered in tears. When I inquired as to why, she said it was because of our bills and lack of money. I was still in college at the time and she was working an entry level job. We were broke. I expected that. I don't think she did.

I took over the finances at that time. Not because I'm particularly skilled but because I wanted to take the stress off of her. She had a tough time being flexible. She had to have savings in the budget. She had to pay this and pay that. She couldn't budge on it. That's what had brought her to tears...NO FLEXIBILITY.

I see this is common amongst women. Women want perfection. They want the dream to be executed exactly as they scripted it. Life doesn't work that way. Basic economics demand that when you put resources in one place, you can't put them in another. Women by and large don't seem to live by that. They want it all and if they don't have it they may not be at peace. They stress themselves out because they have unrealistic expectations and aren't willing to give on them. They have learn to trap themselves in a jail of unhappiness.

Most things in life you can afford to be flexible on. Oddly enough, people are real flexible on things that matter most. They're flexible on matters of faith, values, and morality. While being tough on things like name brands, television shows, and sports. Folks need to relax and take it easy. Learn to laugh at ones self and enjoy the day. Be flexible and let the stress go.

No comments:

Post a Comment