Sunday, April 10, 2011

IT WAS SPRING WHEN KINGS GO OFF TO WAR

My good friend has often warned me of the dangers of spring. He recites the line, "It was spring when Kings go off to war." That line is from the story of David and Bathsheba. Theirs is a story of passion, betrayal, deceit, scandal, and murder. My friend uses this story to illustrate the stirring of passion and emotion that comes with the new spring season. I often laugh and shrug it off. I can laugh no longer, for Spring is upon us and I'm feeling stirred.

I'm not in the mood for sex. Sex is available. It's not just the desire for female company. That too is available and on occasion I take advantage of those that would share their company with me. Despite the availability of companionship and intercourse, I feel that something is missing. I'm not finding the connection of the two in one. At the same time I'm stirred and find myself looking at women like a piece of meat dangled in front of a lion in captivity.

I've been trying to lay low and keep things under wraps. I go out from time to time. I enjoy myself. But I'm not on a mission to "score" as I was before. Instead I'm just trying to enjoy the scenery. Yet, my heart wants something more. I suppose I should be at war. Instead I'm held up in the castle looking for a bathing beauty. I'm hopeful this story doesn't end with deceit, murder, scandal, and the like. But if it does, I hope it all works out for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment