Monday, April 25, 2011

Understanding Men

As I am growing in maturity and learning from my history I'm coming to a place where I am recognizing what matters to me in a mate. As a very young man, physical appearance and features mattered a great deal. As did loyalty. I wanted an educated, strong, black woman. Not so much anymore. I would still enjoy an educated woman. And beauty matters. Especially, beauty within. Character is a major issue (yet I realize that people are but dust and therefore weak). I'm looking with a more precise eye than I did as a 21 year old kid.

One of the main things I'm looking at as I look toward woman is how they approach men in general and specifically in relationships. Namely, I'm looking to see if women have any interest in understanding men. This isn't some type of ego trip, nor a desire to force my way by getting a woman to sucumb to the needs of man. What it's about is the desire to be known, understood, and loved. This matters so much that if I find that a woman constantly pulls issues back to the female perspective without real consideration given to the male perspective it tends to turn me sour on that woman.

This is something I learned from my past relationship. I started to realize that the issue wasn't specific to me as it was more toward issues with manhood. Men are ego driven. Respect is first and foremost. Sex is of high importance and ties strongly into the issue of respect for men. Belief in and support for your man matters. The recognition that men are visual beings and therefore can't stop noticing the beauty of woman no matter how much they love a woman. Providing for his family and loved ones ties into the man's self respect, ego, and confidence and a man will work hard toward this end.

There is much more to men but those are things off the top of my head. Men automatically take interest in women because we have a genuine interest to get to the end of that topic. That's not to say that we master women because we don't. We can't. Women have huge swings in moods, attitudes, hormones, and desires....that's all in one day. Hence, they are forever changing and we have to chase to even stay close. Men don't change a whole lot. So, if a woman studies her man she typically doesn't have to stay up on it because we're pretty static beings. Bonus-WOMEN.

A woman will find that their relationship is much more successful and pleasurable if she takes a genuine interest in how men think, function, emote, and respond. For far too long women have demanded that men bow down and understand them. The belief that keeping the woman happy keeps the relationship strong has failed because there are two people in a relationship. If you are a woman that wants to know more about men I would suggest that you start your study here; www.understandingmen.com. This is a great website. I've heard the creator speak on many occasions and I must say that she knows her stuff.

This could make all the difference in your relationship or the future of your relationship. It matters for me as a suiter to know that a woman at least has a basic understanding of men, and a good understanding of her man in particular. If you care enough to care it shows that you're not all about self. I love women. They are God's grand gift to men. I'm thankful. I would hope that I find a woman that shows that reciprocity toward men as a gift to women.

No comments:

Post a Comment