Thursday, April 14, 2011

Saving History

While cleaning my office I came across a note I left for my wife after an argument we had. It was an apology letter. I don't know what the argument was about or what the situation was. I share this with you because I want to save this digitally as I am throwing away the original. Here is a look into my heart:

Dear______

I know that what I am about to say will not fix everything and make it all better. We have some very serious issues to deal with in our marriage and I don't want to minimize that. I did want to tell you what I want. I want to spend time with you in a way that makes you want to spend time with me. I want to be your favorite person in the world, above all others. I want our marriage, friendship, and passion to grow. I want these things to come not only from a sense of commitment, but from a passionate, loving, relationship. I don't want to bore you with my over analyzing and boring topics (boring to you). I want things to be fun again. I want you to be free again to talk to me about every and anything. I love you and I love our kids. I am committed to doing whatever it takes to make our marriage work. Please, be patient with me? Please, work with me? Please, forgive me? I love you and I always will (even when I don't act like it).

Sincerely and with all my heart,


________

No comments:

Post a Comment