Saturday, September 10, 2011

DATING TIPS AND SINGLENESS


A few months ago, I began writing dating tips on FB as a joke, then as a hobby. It was started by my wanderer like approach to dating. While sitting with a group of my male friends (what I like to call "The meeting of the minds") I asked for tips on where and how to meet women. My resources, friends, are well versed in the art of dating and provided helpful and comical information. That was the launching pad for what is now well over 300 dating tips.

As I was posting these on FB I would come to learn that some of them were seen as inflammatory and at the least, provocative. 99.999% of my commenter's are women. Many have agreed with my tips or found them to be comically entertaining. Despite the warm reception my tips have received, there is a select few women that have taken issue with my tips. One woman, would openly debate them. Another woman, would chat with me and nonchalantly say, "Most of your tips aren't true anyway..." She would say it almost in passing.

I wouldn't really argue the factual reality of my tips. I've done no research and any evidence that they are true or effective would be anecdotal. I wouldn't make a great stink about things meant primarily for entertainment. However, there is one thing I've noticed about my detractors...none of them are married or in long term relationships. I'm not saying that if they followed my tips they would be married or in a long term relationship. What I am saying is that there appears to be a deeper issue at hand that lends itself to singleness and disagreement with my tips.

As late as this evening, I found myself in a written debate on the issue of sexual drive and appetite and how many men I know have expressed some level of disappointment in the frequency of act of love taking place with their wives. No doubt, a woman that has never been married, and to my knowledge has had primarily short term relationships decided to debate me on this issue. I hold two things to my credit that I'm certain she does not posses. 1) I'm a man and my friends are primarily men. They have shared about their sex lives as I have shared about mine in confidence and this theme has been true across the board. 2) As a man, I've been privileged to attend many conferences, trainings, and sessions exclusively for men in which the subject of sex has been openly and honestly discussed. My debate opponent can not claim either one of these.

Nevertheless, I don't think its an issue of right or wrong on this particular issue of who's not having sex with who? I believe it is the stubborn refusal for women to examine themselves and their actions in a relationship that has kept them single. This woman is not ugly...she has attributes many men have felt compelled to speak about. She's not stupid. Far as I know, she has one degree and currently working toward another. She has promise, as she is well rounded in the arts. And sadly, for her, it appears she has attitude as she took offense to a joking statement I made about a story she posted.

Women that walk around with a chip on their shoulder about men or relationships in general, looking to place blame will be single and remain so. No man wants to deal with a woman that feels she is owed something based upon something that does not encompass personal experience. Even if it did encompass personal experience, it wasn't the next man so why should he pay for the sins of another? These women think they're not projecting this attitude. They're wrong. It is seen, smelled, and detected from a mile away! Such women have choices to make; Hold onto your anger, resentment, and bitterness and consequently your singleness. Let go of all that book learned, women studied enforced, waiting to exhale bull, and get a man. Or, you could buy my soon to be released book, follow the tips, and get a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment