Thursday, September 15, 2011

I know that girl


Work is a place full of rumors and speculations. I get a certain kick out of hearing the wild and crazy things I hear...at least I used to. Part of my enjoyment of hearing the rumors were what I thought to be their complete absurdity. There were stories of who my boss was sleeping with. Rumors that there was some kind of underground lesbian love group at work. Rumors of administrators and union reps gettin' it on in the office. There was the rumor of married men and women rondevouing at 5AM to have sex (a rumor that bothered me because I often thought the individuals wouldn't put that much effort into their own spouses. All of this was fun until.........

Until I found out that pretty much everything I was hearing was true. The individuals themselves gave themselves away. Crazy things like a guy liking a "thumb up his ass" while having sex came out. There was a woman that seemed to be getting passed back and forth (perhaps she was jumping) between male staff members. I had heard and seen the craziest things I've ever seen in my life. In fact, this wave of sexual deviancy and infidelity gave me reason to question my own spouses faithfulness. It was unbelievable.

With all that being said, I'm now seeing another wave of crazy sexual deviancy take place before my very eyes. There is a young, attractive, "has it all together," woman I work with that has dastardly rumors flying about her. The first of these rumors was that she slept with a co-worker and that she had some very fould habits. I would have blown this off, but I called that she had slept with the guy before he decided to run his mouth and tell the world of his escapades (women, don't sleep with a scum bag that would put you out as though he were uninvolved in the happening). I knew because while talking with this young woman her attention was acutely distracted in a way I've only seen women look when they've slept with a man. Your eyes and heart give you away. No words needed.

The second rumor was that this woman was sleeping with a soon to be released patient. I can't and won't report this as it seems all the world has heard this and it's not second, third, or fourth person. It's more like 90th person. Nevertheless, I believe the rumor. I believe the rumor because this woman gave herself away by saying she recently had dinner at a place she shouldn't have been, save the presence of the patient. That bit of information was given before the rumor came out. I add to this, the gentleman in question is considered quite attractive by many woman and has a reputation for sleeping with staff. Again, no report because no hard evidence or first hand reporting.

Another issue is this woman's self-disclosure that she hangs out with professional athletes but only as "friends." That's hard to believe for any person claiming to hang out with athletes unless they're family (and even then I'd question those distant cousins). She gave herself away by saying that one of her athlete friends has flown her around the nation just to "hang out." No favors expected. Yeah right!!! Again, she gave this information up freely, unprovoked. I don't know why people crack the lid on such information and then expect folks to play stupid and lose all common sense.

The final issue at hand is that I've seen this girl before. This woman is actually quite common. I seem to come across them quite regularly and they all read the same way. These folks tend to be high achievers educationally. They might even be pretty financially savvy (or credit savvy). You see, the issue at hand is image. For these women image is everything. Hence, they give off the aura that they're well put together. They present and speak as women with incredibly high standards for men when in reality they have no standards. Maybe I'm wrong on the standards issue.

These women do have a standard. It's the standard they have fashioned their own lives by-IMAGE. As I look as who this woman has associated herself with or engaged sexually with (as the rumors say) I see a common thread of what these men look like. There is little consideration as to the characters of these men. Hence, the ousting of her sexual escapade with my co-worker. His immaturity and desperate need to brag was overshadowed by his swag (image). The same is true of the other men named as lovers.

These woman aren't just image focused. They're emotional disasters. This woman I'm speaking of right now is grumpy-ALL THE TIME. I called her for work purposes the other day. On the phone she sound so happy, satisfied, upbeat. I asked if she was having a good day? I was informed that she wasn't but that I was simply getting a taste of her professional voice. I then asked if she was ever happy? She replied no. Every time I see this woman she has something to complain about. It's a sad living.

To go with that, these women are often easily offended. This is because they are absolute messes on the inside and anything that comes close to going beyond the surface is seen as a threat of outing the obvious. As a result, a simple joke is taken as a monstrous attack. Hypersensitivity is a tell-tale sign women that fall into this category. It's a life built on a house of cards. It's a life with low self-esteem, confused values, and the search for substance by chasing image.

One of my co-workers told me she wouldn't believe the rumors about this woman. In the past I would have done the same. However, I've heard too much. Seen too much. Confirmed too much...too much to deny this. I've seen it in her eyes. I've heard it in her words. I know this girl (I wish I didn't).

No comments:

Post a Comment