Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's a Sad Thing


As I endure my own personal financial struggles I was hit hard by the thought of what those who have no job at all are going through. I'm furiously frustrated by my circumstances. Yet, I still have an income and check that is reliable every two weeks. There are some folks that don't have that.

My search for a second job to get on top of my bills and make life somewhat peaceful has been full of frustration. At the same time, I can only imagine the frustration and pressure that those with no employment feel. It's painful when you are pressing as hard as you can to find work and to no avail. I've been there before. About a decade ago I was only working very part time. I was married, had a child on the way, and my wife wasn't working (she had quit her job because of a petty dispute). I was pounding the pavement with all I had. Nothing was turning up. During those times I could be heard saying in my sleep, "All I want is a nine to five. All I want is a nine to five."

It was tortuous! Every second of every day seemed to linger on forever. The weight of rejection after rejection starts to wear you down. You wonder if you'll ever work again? If you're good enough for a job? Why doesn't anyone want to hire you? Then you ask, is there something wrong with me? All of these questions eating away at your core while you need to stay positive and upbeat for interviews. It's a tough road.

My heart goes out to all those that are unemployed. I pray that God would have mercy on our nation, our world, and turn our economies around. I think we need new leadership for this to take place. It's apparent the direction we're headed isn't working and more of the same will only dig us into a deeper whole. In the meantime, I pray that God supplies for all of your NEEDS. It is my hope and prayer that this sad thing doesn't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment