Friday, November 26, 2010

LOVE ETERNAL...


And now we have these three left; faith, hope, and love. Love being the greatest among these (paraphrase from 1 Cor. 13). The Bible says that above all stand Faith, Hope, and Love. And, out of those three stands Love alone. You should read the whole chapter to get the full effect of the very poetic and true statements of 1 Cor. 13. It is often read at weddings and whatnot. But I digress.

What makes Faith, Hope, and Love so great? Well, faith is the evidence of things hoped for, the substance of things unseen. When you find yourself in a place where things look bleak faith may be all you have left. It might sound like a weakness but it's a strength. Faith in God is the greatest of faiths. Yet, faith in oneself and a hopeful future is powerful in and of itself. Faith is what is needed to please God and live righteously. It is the full for progress and greatness.

Hope is the fuel that fans the flames of faith. Hope is needed if one is to ever overcome unwanted circumstances. There is no drive, no motivation, no hmmmph...when you need it. Hope is essential for life on this earth. I think one reason we don't press on and do better is because we are hopeless (I'll touch on that another time). The President won because even if his ideas haven't been hopefull, his message was. Biblically speaking, hope is a gift from God. We hope based on his promises for a brighter day.

Finally, we come to Love. Love is so fantastic it is deemed to be the greatest of all things. Love is what fuels faith, hope, and all things worthy. Love is what drove our God to sacrifice on our behalf. Love is what drives people to stretch themselves for others. Love is what is needed today, tomorrow and forever more. When love is present or made life is always the result.

So, why is love the greatest? Love is the greatest because at some point faith will be no more for all that his believed will come to pass. Hope will go the same way. All things hoped for will be fulfilled. Those things will be before our very eyes both now and forever more. But love....love is ever present and never complete as you can give it over and over. God is love, therefore love is eternal.

The one thing that will transcend time and space is love. It continues on. It is like a form of energy. It can not be destroyed and changes form as it is released into the world. Love is truly a magnificent and powerful entity. Unseen and yet an action. It has the power to create, the power to provide, the power to propel us beyond what we know to be our limits. It is incredible.

So, why am I writing about love? Well, my Chocolate Princess continues to infer and suggest that I am still in love with my wife. To some extent that is true. For my love was true for her and therefore can not be voided. It can't be destroyed nor replaced. However, the terms upon which my wife experienced my love have been violated. I wish her well. I have high hopes for her future. Sadly, she can never experience my love as she once did before.

This could be a gender issue as well. I think women are better built or have a higher tolerance for infidelity. I don't know if nurture, nature, or purpose but women seem to be able to withstand aughts against the heart. Men can not. There is no coming back from infidelity for most men. It is a crushing blow that seems that it can not be overcome by men. To add to that I don't desire to overcome it. Call it pride. Call it ego. Call it what you want...I'm not built that way. Also, I don't believe my wife has any interest either. I take her at her word that she doesn't love me.

So, with all that I say this; Love is eternal. It doesn't end and can't be destroyed. It does change form and its experience most certainly can change. My love for my wife is eternal. I will not revoke my feelings for her. They stand forever. There is no going back. No reneging. Yet, I must go on. I am free and my love desires to bless another at this time. The laws of the spirit can not be revoked. Love will ring eternal!

No comments:

Post a Comment