Friday, November 26, 2010

PEPPERMINT BARK


I was recently introduced to a wonderful treat called Peppermint Bark. It is a chocolate scare with milk chocolate on one side and peppermint on the other. The product is made by Ghirardelli Chocolate. I recommend that you pick some up if you have the chance. I see interesting correlations between this delicious treat and the one that introduced us.

The Bark is a unique mixture of flavors. It's sweet and refreshing and leaves you with a wonderful sensation after you have consumed it. This is true of my friend. I call her my Chocolate Princess. She is multifaceted with many flavors and is always refreshing to my soul.

In addition to the wonderful taste of the Bark, it is difficult to find. Not every store carries this edition of the Ghirardelli Chocolate. Though you can find Ghirardelli almost everywhere this Bark is a rare find. Again, my Chocolate Princess is a woman like any other and yet not like any other. She is unique, a rare find. Something special. I tell her this all the time but she thinks I'm running game. It's understandable, but I don't have game...as my friend says, "that is my game."

The last comparison I will make is not exactly a pleasant one. The Peppermint Bark is only here for a short period of time. It is a "limited edition." It is a holiday special. Consequently, I have consumed a great deal of it and have sought to share it with many. Sadly, my Chocolate Princess continues to state that she believes our relationship is only for a season and that one day I will move on. I don't hold to this belief. However, it's hard to overcome a self-fulfilled prophecy and if that is her aim how can I overcome it?

If you have a Peppermint Bark or Chocolate Princess in your hands I recommend that you savor the flavor and all the refreshment it brings. One never knows how long it will be around nor if it shall return. Strike while the iron is hot. Leap while the waters are troubled. If you wait, you may miss out on a wonderful treat and be left with only regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment