Thursday, November 4, 2010

UNFORGETTABLE




Unforgettable is known as one of the all time great songs by Nat King Cole and his daughter, Natalie Cole. It is a classic song with a beautiful rhythm and melody. The smooth tone of Nat King's voice sets the song off. If you aren't familiar I would recommend that you take a listen.

The very popular new pop icon on the scene, Drake, has a song on his album of the same title. It's not anywhere close to the Cole family's production but it's a good song, tight beat-nice flow. As I think about it, Drake seems to have a theme throughout his album-SIGNIFICANCE.

This is where I find myself at this point in time. I want to be SIGNIFICANT! This isn't really anything new. I have always wanted to be significant. As a kid I wanted to be a Martin Luther King/ Malcolm X type figure. The older I got, I thought I would be the first black President. Post salvation, I wanted to be a pastor that would positively impact the lives of others for the cause of Christ. Significance has always been a part of my make up.

Now I desire to be significant to a lesser degree. I want to be significant to women. As the prototypical good guy, I find myself time and time again in the friend/brother category. That's cool and all but as a good friend once told his future wife, "I have enough friends." That was a clear warning that he was not interested in befriending that woman. It was all or nothing. She either had to get with his program or the relationship was over.

As I assess myself I have come to the conclusion that facially I'm a "cute" guy. I'm not stunning, not dashing, not hot, and not a beau. I'm cute. I'm cool with that but it doesn't leave women thinking about you. Cute is reserved for babies, brothers, and little girls. I would really like to be a lady killer. I want to have unforgettable swag. I want women to talk about my appearance. You may not know my name, but you remember my face. Since I'm not into plastic surgery I'll have to figure out something different to change this up.

On the personality tip I think I am quite memorable. I was once told that I made my partners work experience unlike any other. I don't know if I always have an impact on people for the right reasons. As Captain Jack Sparrow said in response to being told that he was the worst pirate they'd ever heard of, "...But you have heard of me..." I might be remembered for my wittiness and quirky behavior but that is not always the way to a woman's heart. Again, it's hard to refashion your persona this late in the game. We shall see.


One way a man can be remembered is by his financial prowess. I want to be paid. I want dem' dolla's, the scrilla, ends......GREEN! However, I'm not really interested in a woman that can be "bought," I want to be wanted because of who I am, not what I bring to the table. I know women want security and that means money. As a man, I desire to give my all to the woman that occupies the apple of my eye. I want to be able to provide all that her heart desires and more. However, I don't want someone that is on a paper chase with plans to catch it on my blood, sweat, and tears. I'll have to pass on this one.

I thought I was a person of significance to my wife. It has been made painfully obvious that I'm not. Even more painful may be that I'm not a person of significance to women. I want to be special to that person. I want to be desired. I want to be the answer to a woman's prayer. I want to be significant! I want to be unforgettable!

No comments:

Post a Comment