Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ti's the Season


This is a bitter sweet time of the year for me now. It was once the opening to the best time of the year as far as I was concerned. Football is in full swing. The Holiday's are being swept in along with the beautiful changing of the leaves. First, comes Thanksgiving. Then, next up would be my wedding anniversary. Followed by Christmas, my birthday, my wife's birthday, and the hope of the New Year. Much has changed in just a few months.

According to my wife's report, November is the month my marriage brought to its end. Up until this point my marriage was salvageable. What had taken place could have been turned back, repaired, reconciled. This is the month where my marriage jumped the shark. This was when my wife took things to a point of no return. What took place during this month can not be taken back, can not be erased, can not be dissolved.

This is the month when what was mine in spirit and by law was freely given to another. It was during this time that my heart was betrayed for a small bag of silver. Once you take it there ain't no coming back. I can't help but to reflect on this happening even a little bit. It doesn't occupy my mind but I do find that it surfaces here and there.

I remember gathering with family and my wife seeming distant. As I look back I wander was that the day? Was that when my world stood still, the moon turned blood red, and the seven seals were opened? My wife never would tell me the day. She claims she doesn't remember. I find that hard to believe. She claims it took place around Thanksgiving. It's possible. Not the greatest of holiday memories, but the truth is the truth.

I'll never really know when, how, and how many times the dastardly deed took place. What I do know is that it was in this season that what God joined together, man tore asunder. This year there will be no anniversary, no birthday celebrations, no Christmas Eve at the in-laws. No, what will be this year is undue complicated maneuvering to make my children feel as comfortable as possible as this will be the first year ever that they will not have both parents present during the holidays. Oh well, Ti's the season...

1 comment:

  1. Benjamen Long, PastorNovember 25, 2010 at 5:24 AM

    My brother, please rest in the assurance that you have a "resurrected life" ahead of you, where God will restore your joy, and inner peace.

    ReplyDelete