Tuesday, December 7, 2010

HATERS...


I'm not one that talks about "Haters." Truth be told, I hate the whole discussion about haters. I just can't stand the incredible conceit one has to have to think that people are so concerned about their life that they put a great deal of energy into bad mouthing or pulling them down. Another reason I can't stand the "hater" view is that I hear criminals say that people are hating on them for treating them like what they are...CRIMINALS!!!!!

I know that people do have enemies and there are backstabbing people in the world, but folks have taken things to the level of Megalomania. Folks really go around as if they are celebrities and folks just can't wait to get a piece of them. I remember my boss used to ask me what one of my co-workers (equal in rank) did? I couldn't answer the question because I don't watch other people like that. I do my job and pay attention to those things that fall in that sphere. I'm not looking to hate, hype, or kiss ass.

So, I say all that so I can say this; I HAVE HATERS!!!! I know it seems rather hypocritical but it's true. I was recently having a conversation with a friend of mine that amply told me that I was clearly discriminated against while we were both serving at the same organization. He told me that he would recommend me for leadership roles or as a presenter and time after time he would hit a brick wall. He said he was perplexed as to why folks were so down on me...and he came to the conclusion it was my educational background.

This isn't the first time I've been hated against. I was passed over for a promotion by one of my employers and amply placed on the shit list due to a hater. Turns out that my competition wasn't just promoting herself, she was taking credit for my work and planting seeds that I didn't do jack. Nice combo. She was promoted to oversee a $14 million facility while I was threatened with losing my job. I didn't find out till it was all too late.

My last example comes from my previous place of employment. I was asked to meet with one of the high ups from headquarters. I was honest, open, and shared my opinion concerning material needs and suggestions. The higher up thanked me for my time and went on her way. She met with several other employees before a meeting was held with the administration. It was reported to me that my supervisor specifically asked what I said? They said she never inquired about anyone else. This same woman would have me investigated for alleged threats against her. Never happened. HATER!!!!

Apparently, I'm the type of person that you either lover or hate. No middle ground. People are often surprised when they hear that someone doesn't like me. I'm equally surprised. Not cause I'm so great, but because I treat people with respect. I can remember a man jokingly telling me once, "I don't like you. You know why? Cause your too nice." Story of my life. I guess I'll have to curtail my hate for the "hater" discussion. They are real. They are out there. And they are hating on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment