Wednesday, December 1, 2010

UNIQUE DATES


I have long been thinking of things to do on dates that would be slightly out of the norm and yet fun and interesting. I'm generally a dinner and movie guy. I love food, I love movies...makes sense to put the two together. Yet, that can get played out. Especially for someone that isn't into movies like that. I have compiled a number of dates that I think might be off the beaten path:

1. An Evening of learning how to BBQ: I love BBQ and love to learn about it. I thought this interactive, cooking, tasting, learning, experience would be something different. Hey if it bombs I still got to learn something and eat something. Those are important.

2. Touring a Brewery: I'm a big fan of beer. I'm not a drunk. Sometimes I go weeks without having a sip of brew. But, if the mood is right I'm having at least one before bed on most days. I really would like to take a tour of a brewery one day. I'm in luck cause one is close to where I live. I'm the type of guy that likes to learn things for the sake of knowing and experiencing it. Who wants to see a brew?

3. Making my own Brew: Since I'm on the brew tip already I might as well become a brew master while I'm at it. There is a place or two or three in my area that teaches you how to make your own brew. One place let's you age, name, and label your own brew. You could call it, "Knocking the Brews." Which is what you hope to do if the date goes well.

4. Wine Making: I'm not a big wine drinker but I know women tend to be a fan. Plus, as a kid I remember my grandparents making their own wine. It was delicious! Oh, and there is one of those around my home as well.

5. A trip to the Vineyard: I'm not talking about Martha's Vineyard, though that would be nice. I'm talking about an actual trip to a vineyard. There happens to be one within half an hour of my home. Not great for the winter time, but a good spot to hit nonetheless. You can wine and dine in a beautiful setting. How many men are doing that at a Vineyard?

6. All Fired UP: All Fired Up is the name of a company that allows you to fashion your own pottery in their store. I thought this would be cool. You get to shape, mold, bake, and paint your own pottery. If you're an artsy type this could work for you.

7. Trip to the Museum: This might be a little difficult cause I'm not talking about your run of the mill museum. I'm talking about going to a Psychology Museum where you can see the mid-evil treatment of the insane. Or, a Sex Museum...I don't know what you would find there but I'm sure it will be fun. And of course, you could try the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. These dates would be advanced for some but I think it would be worth it.

8. The Football Hall of Fame: If you are lucky enough to be with a woman that loves football this would be a great place to go for a date. Lot's of history, lots to talk about, some interactive activities, and food. If you know this woman, marry her...NOW!

9. Safari: If your woman is an animal lover you might want to make a trip to a local wildlife safari. These spots are fun. You get to see animals you normally wouldn't in a setting that is slightly different from the zoo. You can feed the animals, watch presentations and events, and hang out. This could be a winner.

10. Shop Talk: You may want to opp for a nice quaint evening at your local coffee shop. This is a nice place to kick back, relax, and get to know your date a little better. I like this option because it allows you to take time getting to know the person. You shouldn't be talking at the movies so you might spend time with a person and not know them anymore than you did at the beginning of the night.

11. Sporting Event: Hey, if you can get your woman to go to a baseball, basketball, or football game I highly recommend it. Basketball games have all types of activity going on so even if you're not a sports fan you will likely be entertained. Football can be good too if the whether is right. Baseball can provide a nice scenic, laid back atmosphere where you can talk and enjoy an event at the same time.

These are some of the things I've come up with. I have more but I will spare you for now. Let me know your ideas. I'm always looking for new things to do.

1 comment:

  1. Those are interesting ideas, but it seems as if they're all male-oriented! What about bowling or laser tag? A theatre show or play or musical? A concert or mini golf. The zoo at Christmas is always interesting. Or maybe even Amish Country or a drive to an out of the way city/town. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete