Thursday, December 23, 2010

NOW I KNOW...


I have been trying to figure out for a long time what exactly I want to do with my life. Do I want to write books? Do I want to do radio? Do I want to be a public speaker of some kind? Do I want to be a pastor/minister? Do I want to be a public official? Well, I have finally come to a conclusion as far as what I want to do now. I have to laugh about it a bit because it's kind of simple.

It came to me like a moment of clarity. Why do I have to choose between any one of my ambitions? Why not combine them all? Why not become a media conglomerate of "ONE?" I figure I can do most if not all of the things I have placed on the table. I can write, I can speak, I can broadcast, and I can have an impact on the public.

It has always been my desire to have a positive impact upon my community at large. Initially I wanted to do this through social activism. Later, I wanted to impact my community by serving in full time ministry. Now, I see a way that I can do it all. When I tell people I want to do public speaking they often respond by saying that I could easily make something up. This is a disappointing commentary on those that provide such services. I'm not one for fluff or bull. I want to provide something of value to people. Something that goes beyond the moment and will impact them for life. I can do that through each one of these media outlets.

I am currently moving in this direction now. I'm working behind the scenes to find my starting point and get the word out there. If I can pull this off it will be a significant happening, perhaps second only to the birth of my children. I plan on tackling issues such as relationships, morals, politics, manhood, mentoring, spirituality, and more. I think all of these connect to each other. I plan on being a crusader.

It has been my long held belief that my calling is to help people reach their full potential. I must first do this by reaching mine. And so here I go, setting out on a mission to do something great. To do something that will have long lasting impact. To do something that has a scope greater than myself. Now I know what I'm going to do. Now it's time to get to doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment