Wednesday, December 1, 2010

QUANTUM PHYSICS


Years ago I was at a conference and the speaker talked about quantum physics. Now, I'm no scientist so if this is wrong please feel free to correct me. As I understand it, quantum physics simply put is the theory that every action has an impact greater than the action alone. For example, a butterfly fluttering it's wings in Africa will produce a wind that will be eventually felt on the other side of the world.

I bring this up because I think of how we don't realize the impact our actions have individually and collectively on our world. My wife's actions and assault on our marriage continues to have an ever expanding negative impact on my world. My wife's actions have resulted in the destruction of our marriage, the painful splitting of parents for my children, and ever unfolding financial impact.

The impact on my children is the greatest of all these. My son and daughter have been impacted emotionally in more ways than I know. It shows in their behavior, academic performance, and emotional outburst when I have too leave them. I hope and pray that this won't negatively impact the rest of their lives, but I know there will be some residue. My wife's butterfly flutter has turned into a full blown tsunami.

Financially, I am in danger of losing my home, credit shot to hell, the declaration of bankruptcy, and who knows what else. I saw this one coming from a mile a way. She said she didn't care when she left. Apparently, she forgot that she didn't care because now she's pissed that she too will need to declare bankruptcy if I can salvage this ship. Hey, choices have consequences.

Psychologically, there is an impact as well. My psychological fall out was quick, fast, and explosive. I often survey the mentally ill patients I treat daily and think to myself, "I was very close to being here." Thankfully, things didn't go as far as they could have but I was on my way. On my wife's end I hear that she is suffering horribly. I won't list her issues but they are concerning. I'm mad as hell but I don't wish ill will upon her. After all, she is the mother of my children.

These are just a few of the things that are starting to come to fruition as we creep up on a years anniversary. I know there is more to come. I'm prepared for this. What I'm not prepared for is what will happen to my kids. They are showing resolve but this should have never happened to them. Remember, every action has an equal reaction...and sometimes more.

3 comments:

  1. Actually, the butterfly thing is chaos theory, where slight changes to input cause dramatic changes to output.

    Also, the 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction' is one of Newton's laws, which is entirely distinct from both chaos theory and quantum physics.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Energy and matter have laws,laws bring order,
    order brings control, energy could be controlled if matter is in order!

    God brings order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. quantum physics is the discipline of studying the subatomic, "quanta" is "how much" in latin, its a study of the fundamental units of our universe. Protons and neutrons are not the smallest quantity, or more correctly "entity", that forms matter. Quantum theory has many branches just like classical physics, its not so much as one discipline, but an array that does produce accurate predictions, as permitted. i would recommend looking into Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, black body radiators and de broglie waves for more understanding, its a lot of math though

    ReplyDelete