Sunday, September 12, 2010

ALCOHOL...DANGEROUS


Alcohol is a dangerous substance. It is known clinically as the most widely used drug in America. It takes a physical toll on the body that few drugs can compare to. It gives wimps courage. It makes frigged women as warm as a pizza oven. It is thought to be a truth serum. It is the beverage of celebration and regret. In the words of Rick James Ala Dave Chapelle, "It's a hell of a drug!"

I myself have my own concerns with alcohol. I have a family history of alcohol abuse that could single handedly support the industry (must be the Irish in my family). Drinking in my family is a rite of passage. I was given the green light for consuming party beverages at age 16. Boy, were my friends jealous.

My life's path has not allowed me to consume alcohol as the rest of my folks do. I was told by one family member that I was weird for not doing so. Consequently, I went about a decade with minimal to no consumption. I can remember being at a family reunion standing before tables of alcohol (including a hotel tub filled to the brim with ice and bottles) and wishing I was a drinker just so I could take advantage of the liquid buffet.

All this has changed with the recent happenings of life. I was drinking heavy at first for the purpose of escape. I then began to drink for the purpose of sleep. Couldn't buy sleep for the life of me. Alcohol was always dependable. Out of fear of becoming an alcoholic I had to give it a rest. I still indulge socially, but not like I was.

Despite the aforementioned issues, none of those are my concern about alcohol use. My concern has to do with the arousal. I have noticed that when I consume alcohol i have a strong urge to merge. It's strange. I'm not talking about the lowering of inhibitions and the courage to approach women. I'm talking straight arousal and an internal drive greater than the norm. It's a bit concerning as I am trying not to become a dog.

As a man, the drive is bad enough all on its own. With the help of alcohol putting the drive on steroids it may be unbearable. I don't want to be the typical man so I guess I need to steer clear of the booze. I'll have to pray that God take the taste out my mouth. If not, come what may.

No comments:

Post a Comment