Saturday, September 25, 2010

SHOWS I DON'T WATCH ANY MORE


There is a tone of television shows I don't watch anymore now that I'm single. Trying to connect with the wife I watched a lot of stuff I have come to find I'm just not into now that she's gone. I will try to list them for you below:

America's Next Top Model

This is a show I would have never watched had it not been for my wife. I don't even know what channel it comes on. When she was here I would be stuck watching the marathon all day long on a Saturday. If I was going to spend time with her I had to spend time with it. Tyra's fine and all, but she ain't that damn fine. This show has been replaced with a healthy dose of college football.

Iron Chef America

I'm a food lover but I haven't turned this show on in months. Heck, I forgot that it even existed. I'm no chef and my dreams of being a judge are long gone. It's a competition, but it ain't a sport. So I'm out.

The Next Food Network Star

Among girly type shows it was cool. But, it ain't for me. I like Bobby Flay but he's on Food Network overload. The only real star to come off of the show has been Guy Fieri. He's the man. I'm not interested in watching the Next Food Network bust.

Biggest Loser

This is a great show. I highly enjoy watching it. However, I have no clue when it comes on or what channel it is on. It's a inspiring and entertaining hour of tv. I just don't have a compass that leads me that way anymore.

Law & Order: SVU

This is another great show. Again, I don't have a clue where one would find this show. My wife used to watch this all the time when she couldn't find anything else to watch on TV. It's a cool show but I have no evidence or trail to when it comes on.

Fox News in General

I was a news/information nut in the past. One of my wife's complaints was that I was too conservative and too political. That might be. I didn't give up Fox News based on that. I just couldn't take anymore reality of the world's troubles when my own personal life was going down in flames. I haven't returned as I still can't take much more than I already know.

Something about a hair Salon

That's not the name of the show. Hell, I don't know what the shows name was. Nor do I care. What I do know is that some English chick with bleach blond hair would come in and turn a failing business around. If you've seen it once you've seen em' all. This might be something the gay friend does. That ain't me.

Cheaters

Funny show. However, that shit ain't funny when it's you being cheated on. Can't stand to watch that type of thing anymore. You could add The Best Man to this section as well. Too painful.

Real Housewives

Pick any one of these housewives' shows. I was never really fealing it as I am not a fan of watching wealthy people create drama and get paid for doing so. The only thing more pathetic than my life is helping other people get paid by watching them live theirs on TV. Some snap shots were funny. However, these shows don't hold enough weight to keep me seated in front of the TV.

Man Vs. Food

This is one of my favorite shows. I don't turn the channel off of sportscenter so I wouldn't know it was on. I would one day like to replace this guy. If this workout thing to pan out I might have to go that route. This has little connection to my wife accept for the fact that I haven't seen it since she left.

There are more shows I'm sure. I just can't remember them. Rightly so, I wasn't on it from the jump. It is nice to watch what I want when I want. A small consolation considering the price. Hey, you find those silver linings where you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment