Tuesday, September 7, 2010

THUMBS UP


I have always thought of myself as a open and adventurous lover. There are very few things I wouldn't try at least once. Keep in mind this is in the context of marriage/monogamous relationship. The allusion of safety provided by a committed relationship allows one to be free to explore without fear. I have come to find that my thoughts on adventure is quite conservative compared to others.

The old adage that art imitates life is without a doubt true. Lately, there has been a great deal of discussion on the subject of pulling a woman's hair while making love. I was naive and thought this would be limited to those outside the African American community. I have come to find that I was wrong. I have been informed that you need to grab a hold close to the roots. One person told me, "It'll change your life."

Another piece of sexual practice that is showing up in pop culture is the "Menage Troi." Again, I thought that this was something super freaks got into. I was thinking your Hollywood, Music, Celebrity, College types would be down with this. I have come to find that normal, church going folks get into this pretty heavy. In fact, it is so much a part of the culture that women really believe that the "Troi" is every man's ultimate fantasy. As a young man I used to think so. As a more mature man I'm not interested. I want to be connected with the one I'm with. There is plenty to do with one...too much work for two. Of course, that could just be me.

The pulling of hair doesn't blow me away. The desire for a "Troi", although not my cup of tea, I get. But, the one thing that has blown my mind is the use of thumbs. In recent months through my reading, television watching, and conversations I have come to find that more and more men are looking for something extra in the bedroom. They're looking for something that was unthinkable (Not in an Alicia Keys' sexy type of way). Men are looking to get a thumb up...

Apparently, the practice of men being penetrated in the ass with a finger while making love to a woman is a growing phenomena. It has been said that the anal cavity is the "G" spot for men. Others have stated that it heightens the pleasure of the whole experience. I personally have no interest and just cant fathom it. But hey, to each his own.

The way things are looking I may have to drop "freak" from my resume as a lover. I may be a bit too old school to carry that title with accuracy. The measuring stick has been doubled, maybe tripled in some cases, for what a freak is. I still think I'm pretty open. I aim to please. However,the ass-play will never get a "Thumbs Up" from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment