Saturday, October 9, 2010

EASY FUN


I recently hung out with a female friend of mine. We had a few drinks and took in a movie. More than the drinks and the movie we laughed, a lot. IDK if that's how dates are suppose to go but I had a great time. As did she (I know cause she told me so). I've hung out with a few different women. This experience was different.

I have been out to breakfast with women, lunch with women, and dinner with women. Those experiences were cool but not like this one. I have hung at women's homes and even spent the night....but it wasn't like this. There was something distinct about those experiences that differed from this one.

What is the difference you might ask? Those other experiences had a "work" feel to them. The conversation was laborious at times (something most people would tell you they wouldn't believe would ever be a problem for me). Don't get me wrong I can talk with anyone but those just had moments where the conversation stalled. We still talk from time to time but it seems to have lost it's essence in some ways.

The time spent with my friend this past week was easy. We spent about six hours of consecutive time together. The laughs just kept coming. I was energized by the conversation. I feel drained at times from my interactions with people. This was nothing like that. The flow came with ease on both sides.

I'm sure you're thinking that I'm smitten for my friend and going in deep. Not at all. As far as I'm concerned company is company. I have no expectations for development of the relationship or physical engagement. I just enjoy hanging out with the person.

It could be that she's a black conservative and knows it. It could be that she is a movie fan as I am. It could be that she likes beer and you should already know where I stand on that. It could be that she's just a fun person and we had a good time. Whatever it is, it was easy fun.

1 comment: