Friday, October 29, 2010

MY BUCKET LIST


Have you ever seen the movie the Bucket List? It's a pretty good movie if I do say so myself. The message contained within the movie is what really makes it worth while. If you haven't had the pleasure of viewing the movie then you may know what a bucket list is already. In the rare event that you have neither seen the movie nor know what a bucket list is then allow me to give a quick layman's definition. A Bucket List is simply things you want to do in life before you kick the bucket (die).

With that eloquent definition in your mind I will now proceed to share my Bucket List. These are in no particular order of importance. So, here we go:

1. Visit Rome-I just want to see the Vatican up close and personal. The artistry looks incredible and it is so rich with history.

2. Visit Israel-This is another place of interest due to it's religious significance. I want to walk where Jesus walked.

3. Go to a Super Bowl game-I once won tickets to a Super Bowl but didn't retrieve them in time. Talk about being sick to your stomach and missing a once in a lifetime opportunity.

4. Visit New York City-I have only driven by New York City. I have never been in New York City. I have to experience the greatest city on earth.

5. Make one appearance at a comedy club on amateur night-I have been told I am funny my entire life going back to elementary school. I figured I'd give amateur night a go to see what I've got. I've got jokes but I have to save them for when that day comes.

6. Pen at least one of the 12 books I have in my head-I am constantly being inspired to write books on all types of subjects. I would like to put one in print before my life ends.

7. Visit Las Vegas-Who doesn't want to go to Sin City? It looks like fun if you're a gambler or not.

8. Get Married again-Ya know, it seems crazy to even put that in print but I know who I am. I would like to be married again. Of course, with much greater success than the first marriage.

9. Tour the White House-As a kid I wanted to be the first Black President. It would seem that Bill Clinton beat me to that one. So, instead of living in the White House I would just like to visit the White House.

10. Move-I want to leave the area known as North East Ohio. It's not a bad place I just want to see what else is out in the world.

11. More Kids-I always wanted at least 4 kids. Right now I've got two. It won't happen the way I wanted it to (all kids same parents) but it can happen. We shall see.

12. See a Steelers Game-My dad took me to a Steelers game at the old Three Rivers Stadium. It was against the bears. It was late 80's. Bubby Brister was the QB. We lost. My cheese fries froze. We lost, nuff said. I want to go to a modern era game.

13. Learn a Second Language-I really want to learn another language. If I could do it all over again I would have double majored with a second language as one of those majors. It can help you get paid. It can help you get laid. It's cool.

14. Own a Business-I have always wanted my own business. I don't mean some multilevel marketing business either. I want something that has my name on it. Built from the ground up. I have tried but without success.

15. Grow a Goatee-It might seem funny but the only reason I started shaving is to grow a Goatee. I thought women would like it so I figured I would rock one. Problem is, It won't grow in the middle. I must see it complete before I die.

16. Eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse-I love food. I really love beef. Ruth's Chris is not the most expensive restaurant in the world but it does cost. I want my steak brought to the table on a 500 degree plate.

17. Buy a Car of my Choice-I really want to be able to purchase a vehicle that I really want brand new off the lot. I've had a brand new car off the lot but it wasn't my choice (cost, funds, credit, all issues). Just once I want to walk in and buy what I want.

18. Brew my own Beer-I love beer. Nothing could be cooler than making your own brand.

19. Enter a Rib Cook-Off Contest-I am a fan of BBQ. I have been told that I do pretty well by most folks that have partaken of my work. I would like to put my skills to the test and see how I do.

20. Take a Cruise-They look so cool. I just want to get on one and eat and drink myself to oblivion. Of course, I would like to reserve that for when I have female company (though I've been told the single cruises are off the chain).

That is all I have for now. If I find more I may share them with you. Of course, then again I may not. I mean, if it's something freaky I may not want that to get out there. Ya know, people look at you all weird and stuff. Anyway, I digress. If I come up with more then I may revisit the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment