Friday, October 15, 2010

GAME OVER


I read a book a few months ago that I may have mentioned once before. It is call the Denzel Principal by Jimi Izrael. It is a fascinating book about relationships between black men and women from a man's perspective. I found it to be quite enjoyable and informative at the same time.

The book addresses the dilemma of black women's cry that they can't find a good black man. Izrael theorizes that the problem is the unrealistic expectations widely accepted and pursued by Black women. I believe much of what he has to say to be true. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with all of Mr. Izrael's opinions (the book gets pretty wild), but I do think he has cause. I highly recommend you purchase a copy for the shear purpose of entertainment alone.

One of the points Izrael makes clear is that men are no match for women when it comes to playing games. We are outmatched both in wit and strategy. He appeals that men should recognize this truth from the jump so as not to fool themselves and fall further into the trap. The game of relationships is clearly in the arena of women. Relationships are their specialty. From their beginning they study them, form them, pursue them, and destroy them. We are no match for their skill.

I have come to accept this as truth. I have never been much of a gamer. As smart as I may think I am I can't quite crack the relationship code. The volley back and forth between myself and women is a source of "enjoyable frustration." It's enjoyable because I find women so intriguing (I love em'). And frustrating because I can't figure them out.

Relationships are not mathematical equations. They are not even an art. They are something of another dimension. Women live in this dimension. Men can't find the portal. I was outmatched by a woman recently. Her eyes spoke so much while her voice so little. I longed to know the truth of her thoughts but she would only speak in riddles and circular logic (on purpose I might add). So, there I was and am at the mercy of a woman that is enjoying every bit of the cat and mouse game. Helpless to stop myself. Hopeless to figure out the mystery that is femininity.

Man's great disadvantage to women may speak to the reason so many men choose a significant other in the a younger age bracket. A woman that has had any exposure to the world is a steep challenge to overcome and conquer. They have played the game, been burned, and have learned the ways of the feminine relationship samurai. Younger women typically have not progressed to this level of relationship mastery. A wise man can shape and mold her as she is still a spring chicken, a new blossoming flower ripe for picking. Point men.

I submit to the supremacy of women in this area. I'm not going to try to out game them or to even figure it out. I don't make the rules (which can change from moment to moment). I don't draw the lines of play. I am simply one of many on the field of battle trying my best to make to safety and not be destroyed by it all. I hope I don't use up all of my lives as I maneuver through the land minds of the female mind. If I do, GAME OVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment