Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lucky Red

I took my kids to the yearly carnival today. As usual there were rides, games, and food. Gotta love carnival food. We enjoyed burgers, dogs, chips, fries (A bucket of fries to be accurate), snow cones, and funnel cake. It's a nice way to start the summer off.

As uaual, my children were provided all day passes for the rides but wanted to play games. It would be the inverse if they had all game passes. While waiting for my children to get off of a ride I noticed a came behind me. Promoted as prizes were goldfish and rabbits.

I don't know what I was thinking but I thought how cool if the kids won a rabbit. So I bought a bucket of balls and let the kids go. Low and behold, my daughter put the ball on lucky red and the rabbit was ours. The women in the area were going crazy. They couldn't believe that this man would allow his children to bring home a pet from the carnival.

Side Note: One women was so ecstatic that she continued to say how "SWEET" I was. There it goes again, SWEET. I can't seem to escape that term. It's the type of thing that women love from afar but have little interest in up close and personal. If you've followed my blog you know how this frustrates me (See The Lolly Pop Kid).

Anyway, before I knew it we were at the pet store buying supplies for a rabbit and an aquarium for two new fish. By the time I got to the register I realized that I had made a mistake but it was too late to go back now. I've wanted the kids to have a pet of some kind for a while now so it works out. Plus, I wanted fish for myself. Who knew that I'd go to the carnival and come home a pet owner? Blame it on Lucky Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment