Sunday, May 29, 2011

Night at the Movies

I have just returned from a 7 hour excursion to the movies. I had the time. I'm a movie lover. I figured why not? So, with gift card in hand I went off to the movies. I saw three features. First, was the Hangover Part II. The second, was Thor. And the third was, Priest. Allow me to give a little review.

Hangover Part II- This movie kept the formula it had success with in the first installment. The movie is stand alone funny as it takes you on another wild ride. There is a cultural twist in this movie compared to the first as it takes place in Thailand. The movie produces laugh out loud material. It's not the first one, but it's good.

Thor- I have to say I didn't expect much out of this movie. It would seem that a superhero with a hammer isn't that enthralling. However, Thor comes through with astounding visual effects, a good story line, and even better message. The main character looks like he's on roids and he makes the ladies in the audience swoon. There's plenty of action coupled with comic relief and unseen turns. I'd recommend that if you have the slightest interest in comic book movies that you check this one out.

Priest- I must say that I was somewhat disappointed in this production. The theme of the movie has great potential. Unfortunately, the neither the action nor the story line live up to the previews. It's been perfectly set up for a sequel. If one comes out I'm putting money on straight to video. The movie was entertaining but given a chance I would wait to see it at home.


So, that's a quick look at these three movies through my eyes. It's one of those things that I love to do and since I'm single I have the freedom to do so. I doubt I'll ever find a woman that would be interested in a movie marathon like this. If I do, then I'm sure I've found a gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment