Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rejection

I have recently been rejected by two of my dating interest. The most recent taking place just a few days ago. I can't say that I like it. What I can say is that it's a part of life and I'm not impacted in the same way I was in the past. As the saying goes, it is what it is.

The first rejection came at the hands of a previously mentioned woman. She's a beautiful red headed woman (I love red heads) who is divorced with two kids. I too am on the path of divorce with two kids so I don't knock her for that. She appears to be a caring, wholesome, fun, person with a matching personality. I told her of my interest and asked her on a date and she gave me the yes/no answer. Which in the end is a no.

I didn't know how to approach this as a clear answer wasn't really given. After mentioning my interest she became more touchy feely, showed me pics of his kids, and gave me her phone number. Yet, she would not agree to go out with me. Seeing the writing on the wall I decided to withdraw my interest and myself. A maybe is a no when it comes to dating. Know that for sure.

The second woman was not a woman I had any intentions of being attracted to. She's got some issues and no one is really sure how many bags she's carrying around. Nevertheless, I found myself attracted to her. We had hung out a few times and she was complimentary of my wit, intellect, and appearance. I thought to myself, "Hey, I think she likes me." The last time we hung out I was aroused by the excitement and could not shake the feeling. My goal wasn't to sleep with the woman. Sex is rather easy to obtain. I wanted to pursue a relationship.

I asked this woman if she would be offended if I were to kiss her. She told me that I would be crossing the line. Later, she said that she couldn't engage me on that level because I am her "friend." I was somewhat confused by all this. After all, she had stated that she wanted to establish a friendship with the next man she dated...check. She also said that she enjoyed my company and that I have the ability to engage her intellectually as well as comically...check. She said that she finds me attractive...check. And, that I'm a good guy...check. Not to mention she had previously stated that she would date me (This was said at a time when I was not healthy and therefore I warned her to not get involved at this time.). Seemed, like a clear path to me.

I was wrong. Apparently, although I meet all types of criteria something is missing. I can't tell you what that is. I can only assume that it's the absence of scum bag in my resume. Apart from that I don't see the issue. In keeping with my enough friends mantra I told her there was no need to hang out anymore. After all, why would I torture myself like that? One person said that I was saying that because I couldn't have sex with her I didn't want to hang around. That's logical, but not true. If I'm attracted to someone and have a desire for more, why would I continue to come around post rejection? It's not sensible. Hence, I push on.

I'm taking this in stride. I have questions because that's the way I am, inquisitive. But, I won't let this deter me or keep me down. In the past I would have looked at myself as though something were wrong with me. Now, I look at them and know something is wrong with them. I'm a good man. I bring a great deal to the table. If others can not recognize that I shall not beg for recognition. Instead, like the high quality product I am, I will remain on the shelf until a proper buyer has come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment