Monday, August 23, 2010

Great Days

Today was a truly Great Day! I was in Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and back again. I spent the day reconnecting with my cousin. It was all love and all good. I had a meal in the Burgh that was Thanksgiving like complete with all the fixins'. There was turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, green beans, and pound cake....LOVE. I was able to see my family; Mom, Grandma, Aunt, Uncle, Step-Dad, Sisters, Cousins, Nephew, Niece....

It's days like this that remind you of the important things in life. It's about family, connection, fellowship...essentially it's about relationships. Connecting with the people you love is truly powerful. It's that feeling of acceptance, understanding, and support that means so much. You can't find that everywhere so value those times when you do.

Life isn't perfect but it can be enjoyable. Don't spend all your time looking at what you don't have. Step back from the grind and the pursuit of happiness and take in what you have right in front of you. Recognize those folks that let you be you and take care to enjoy them. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment