Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nice Guy Revisited

I can't get off the nice guys finish last soap box. I was having a conversation with a female friend of mine (white girl) about relationships and such. She was complaining about men, black men in particular, and how they haven't been honest with her. This continued on for a while. So I said, in the spirit of being a nice guy, why don't we go out. She was down. Some time passed and she even seemed excited about it.

Next thing you know...she disappears off the map. After about a week, and standing me up, she resurfaces. I told her not to worry about going out and that it was cool. She apologized for being immature and said that she is kind of talking to someone right now. I knew she was cause some new "NIGGA" started to show up on her FB page. And when I say "NIGGA" I mean "NIGGA."

Now, I can't help but thinking that if I was a thug nigga that nothing would have kept us from going out. I could be wrong, but that is my thought. Nevertheless, I'm sure things will run there course. She'll get done, get dropped, be hurt, and repeat the process all over again. Such is the way of the woman. As Tupac once asked...Do G's get to go to heaven? Well, I'm asking do nice guys get any play? The two may have the same answer and disappointment awaiting them.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, but tis true, nice "people" do finish last. And then when the "thrill" is over, we're the rebound person.

    ReplyDelete