Monday, August 9, 2010

The Nice Guy Strikes Again....Back to the Future

I was having a conversation with an old friend from the neighborhood. We also happened to have gone to prom together. My friend is quite attractive and many a nigga wondered how I ever got to take her to the prom. I wondered the same myself at the time. And, even more surprising is that she asked me.

At the time I was feeling very lucky. I had a crush on this girl since we were in kindergarten. I was so pumped. Well, prom night came. We were all decked out. I took her to dinner at an upscale seafood restaurant called Tambalini's because of her dietary restrictions as a Muslim. Things were off to a good start.

Prom time came and to my surprise I was greeted with lots of fan fare. Many were worried I wasn't coming at all. I wasn't much of a dancer so I mingled with the folks. Meanwhile, my date went from table to table speaking to everyone she knew. I was surprised because we didn't go to the same school. Anyway, after the initial festivities we made our way to the after prom. I was looking fly in an outfit my older sister had styled for me and feeling good about things.

This is where things took a turn for the worse. My date was suddenly ignoring me big time. We happen to be seated with one of my friends that happened to be a middle school love interest of my date. She went on and on about their relationship, first kisses and all. Keep in mind, this man had brought his current girlfriend. On top of that she was being a major bitch (her words not mine). One of my female friends wanted to kick her ass for ruining my night.

It got so bad I finally decided to take her home before she caught an ass whoopin'. I was pissed. My night sucked, I was embarrassed, and the girl I had a crush on basically showed me that she had no interest. Story of my life...right.

Prior to these happenings I had dedicated a song to her on the radio. I know, a bit corny. But, I'm a romantic...I can't help it. She told me that she was so embarrassed at the time. Now she says it was sweet and that I'm special because to date no other man has ever dedicated a song to her. I might be special...but I was nice and as such I got taken.

Well, here we are all these years later and she finally apologized for her behavior. She said that she was in love with some idiot (her words again) and that is why she treated me like shit at the prom. This same idiot would become her baby daddy and they haven't had much going on since. Needless to say, this guy was an ass hole. He took her heart, used her body, and then showed his true colors.

I was the nice guy again. Sure, I'm respectable, polite, caring, considerate, and more....but I come up empty handed with bad memories. To make matters worse, there were six other women that asked me to the prom. I'm not saying that it would have been the night of my life but it would have been better than it was. Nevertheless, the bad guy wins, the nice guy loses, and the chick doesn't figure it all out until it's too late. Damn...when will the madness end? The nice guy strikes again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment