Saturday, August 21, 2010

HERO

My son and daughter love music. They like the beats, they listen to the lyrics, they sing the songs, and they want them played over and over again. They're just like they're Dad. In order to keep kid approved clean music playing on the radio while in the car I have put together a clean playlist for the kids.

One of the songs on the playlist is Toni Braxton's "Hero" from her latest album "Pulse" (I believe pulse is her best album ever). The song, "Hero," is about Toni's heart being rescued from heartbreak and dispair. My son loves this song and often request by saying, "I want to hear the song where they say "You came through the door, busted through the floor!" That is my son's favorite part of the song. This is where the HERO breaks into the scene to save the day and the heart of the woman he loves.

I don't think it's any surprise that my son loves this song and the part where the hero saves the day. I think men are hard wired for a desire to be heros. We want to be strong, courageous, daring....we want to save the day. Even more, we want the respect that comes with doing so. I have long thought of being the hero since I was a kid and my son is doing the same even now. He even goes so far as putting on his Superman, Batman, and Spiderman costumes and wears them around all day. He even asked if he could wear it outside. I had to decline to avoid being emberrassed.

As a man, I want to be a hero to a woman's heart. I want to "come through the door, bust through the floor" and save the damsel in distress. If I could choose a superpower it would be two prong. The first would be time travel and the second would be to have the ability to be geni like-granting wishes and all.

The first power of time travel would be necessary so I could move in and out of time as needed to rescue women before their hearts are broken. I have spoken with countless women whose hearts have been broken. The pain of a broken heart has resulted in women becoming cold, callus, and using men for all they can get. Or, it has resulted in the women being so messed up emotionally and psychologically that she destroys even the best of relationships. Time travel would allow me to swoop in pre-broken heart and show the woman tender love...no games.

The second power of wish granting power would be needed so I could fullfill the dreams and desires of the women materially. This is not to feed the gold digging ways that jilted women have developed, but to be that night in shining armor that not only connects emotionally but provides as well. I would be the man!!! Of course, I think I'm already the man in many ways...later for that.

I think this is the way of the warrior man. He desires to protect, rescue, provide, fullfill, and bless in everyway possible. He wants to be a HERO. I hope my son grows to be this man. I hope I am able to be a hero to some woman's heart again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment