Monday, August 16, 2010

What the Hell?

I am currently reading Never Satisfied by Michael Baisden. The book is an inside look at how and why men cheat. I just finished reading the chapter on Creating Monster's. This particular chapter is about good guys gone bad. As I read I was painfully reminded of myself or of my friends.

There was the nigga that got used at the club for free drinks. There was the nigga that thought he found gold only to find the woman had been used and pawned more times than he could count. And then there was the nigga that wasn't gettin' no love while his girl was giving it up to everybody else. This shit is maddening.

I have a friend that dated a woman for six months without once hittin' it. He bought her gifts, spent time with her, took her out, all types of chivalry and shit. Yet, no love. My friend was talking about how much he loved her and that he thought she might be the "one." He was planning on proposing sometime in the future. As is the case with most nice guys he was in for the surprise of his life.

Although my friend didn't get a sniff of the sweet potato pie, guess what? She was pregnant. I'm not talking a couple weeks,or even months.....I'm talking about 6-7 months pregnant. You might wonder why we didn't know? All I can say is that the girl was bad. She was fine as hell and her figure, though enlarged, was still looking tight. Needless to say, my friend was broken hearted. How could this have happened?

My friend went into a "fuck y'all" type of mentality. He was little interested in finding the next possible life partner. Instead, he was interested in getting his and not much beyond that. Could you blame him? I mean that is some scandalous shit. He did what he wanted too for a while. Eventually, he returned to his nice guy self. It seems to have paid off as he seems to have finally found himself a winner. Such is not the case for most men.

I remember a young man that I attended church with. This young man was madly in love with his high school sweetheart. He was a year ahead of her and graduated before she did. They went to the prom together. Got a hotel. Spent the night together but nothing went down. This young man had dated this girl for about 3 years and the prom was suppose to be the big payoff. Well, it wasn't. Not for him at least. Instead, about a year later she had dumped him and moved on to an even older nigga that apparently was skilled at the game. This nigga took her to the prom and had knocked the bloom off the flower before that special day had even come. It took him maybe a few weeks to accomplish what the good guy couldn't do in 3years.

Here is where it gets all crazy. The good guy was furious. He had been burned and was ready for payback. And, payback did he get. He went on a rampage, pillaging woman after woman. He had at least four children by four different women with claims of more to come. He was a monster with little to no discrimination in taste when it came to women. He had vowed that never again would he be the nice guy sucker. It was time for him to get his.

I had thoughts like this when this all went down. I had close friends that told me I should fuck everything in sight. I had friends that told me I would feel that I had regained my manhood if I just went bananas. I was thinking they were right. Women were going to pay for the wrongs done against me. I was hardening my heart so I could do what needed to be done. But, I just couldn't stay the course. As hurt as I was, I couldn't hurt others in the name of revenge. That ain't my style.

Despite my jelly like spine for taking advantage of women, I am still left wondering why women treat nice guys like this? Why would a woman give her prize possession away to a man that only wants her for the moment and is not intent in doing anything beyond a few booty calls? On the flip side, why would a woman use a good man up and destroy such a precious commodity? I don't have the answers so if you do I'm listening.

Shit like this never seems to fail. Games are played, people are hurt, and in the end the cycle continues with vicious force. This type of thing is in books, movies, TV shows, and everyday life. All I can say is, WHAT THE HELL?

No comments:

Post a Comment